Friday, September 4, 2009

Might As Well Have Been Shipwrecked!

Without phone and email service, online access, scanning and printing abilities, I have been on a virtual island since Tuesday when we returned from our wedding anniversary outing. I finally understand now why Jim insisted we needed cell phones a while ago. I'll never question the wisdom of this again! I was so glad to be able to call my daughter and let her know we were all right; and happy that we could contact the phone company to straighten out the problem they had caused.

Seems, while working on a nearby communication "box" the technicians pinched our wires to someone else's wires and we were rendered silent! It was almost as bad as the four-day power outage we experienced two summers ago. But at least this time we didn't lose all of our frozen food. Still we might as well have been shipwrecked!

But you're wondering how the anniversary outing went with picnicking and antique hunting with the shelties. Well, we had a fabulous time! Found some fun finds (thrifty and some not so) and the dogs had a super time. (Photos to be posted soon, so please stay tuned.)

And thank you all for your best wishes! It was wonderful to finally be able to log on this morning and find such sweet comments and happy congratulations! I'll be around soon to visit you too! Again...many many thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I'm an old-fashioned girl, but I cannot do without my computer anymore! The cell phone I could do without, because I only use mine in emergencies. Can't wait to see what goodies you found on your outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to FUSS, truly, about DH packing all thee computers, phones,palm pilots, etc, into the car when we left home ... well, I learned the hard way that I missed them for communication with the kid-lings & adapted quickly. Sometimes you wonder how we EVER lived without all this 'stuff' electronic stuff we now enjoy.

    So very happy that you had a wonderful time away to celebrate & play.

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Hugs, TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what all the silence was about! Good to hear that you had a nice time!

    Kelly
    http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see pictures! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out here in the country our cell phone service stinks at times and we may go an entire day not being able to connect to the outside world unless we drive closer in towards the city to get service. It feels like we are lost to everyone when we don't have any phone service at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary, late!

    Thanks for coming by for a visit.

    As i recall you sent me some pics for my art awhile back.
    I have been having fun with them. Thanks

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete