Monday, November 24, 2008

Scrap Quilts: Mixing Vintage & New Fabrics!

One of my favorite quilting projects is to mix new and old scraps together to make a unique combination of colors and patterns. This particular quilt was especially fun to work on because I already had a number of vintage cotton and feedsack scraps on hand when I also bought a small bag of fabric leftovers from someone else's quilting projects. (You never know what you might find at a garage sale!)

I sat down at my sewing machine, took whatever scrap came next and stitched it to the next piece. When I had pieces of sewn scraps that measured approximately 6" square, I used my 6" square template to cut them into 6" blocks. When I had as many blocks as I needed for the lap-size quilt I had in mind, I stitched them all together for a fun mix of old & new! Waiting to see how it all would turn out was more than half the fun! And it was nice to know I was recyling at the same time!

What kind of scrap quilts have you made?

No comments:

Post a Comment