Sunday, June 7, 2009

Childhood Summer On Hagerman Lake!



During my teenage years, my parents decided to build a cottage on Hagerman Lake in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. At first I thought it would all be too far away from civilization to be fun for me, but soon I found myself in love with the lake, the islands, and the loons. It was a beautiful joyful time for all of us on this lake. I still hear the waves lapping against the shore, smell the rocky scent of the water, and long for the lullaby of the loons.

(That's me rowing the boat; my sister, niece, and nephew with me. Dad on the shore holding my little brother, teaching him to swim.)

1 comment:

  1. Comments:

    Bevie said...
    I love these photos of you when you were a teen...wasn't life so grand back then? Carefree and fun. We tend to forget we could have that now too if only we'd slow down!!! hehehe!!!
    Blessings dear.
    June 7, 2009 6:54 AM

    blushing rose said...
    IF only the youth of today could EVER have the wonderful life that we all had as children ... the world children live in now is not closely the same. We still try to give the g-kids a taste of the 'good ol days'. TTFN ~ Marydon
    June 7, 2009 9:27 AM

    Susie Q said...
    What a sweet, lovely post! I too had a warm childhood and this post brought back memories for me too.
    Your photos were such a treat to see...thank you for sharing these sweet friend.
    Love,
    Sue
    June 7, 2009 9:53 AM

    Christine said...
    The photos are so fun. I bet you had a great time those summers!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    June 7, 2009 5:10 PM

    quiltcrazygal said...
    The summer season makes for great memories:) Sorry I have been missing...I finally finished my parent's wedding fabric portrait! Their 50 year celebration is this weekend:) Blessings to you! Jenna Louise
    June 7, 2009 7:56 PM

    Marie Reed said...
    What glorious photos! I can almost feel the sunshine! I love how you described the water as having a rocky scent! It's so nice to take a peek into your sweet memories:)
    June 8, 2009 3:21 AM

    ReplyDelete