Monday, June 8, 2009

Sweet 1940's Girls' Nightgown Pattern!





Oh how sweet is this Simplicity pattern from the 1940's! My mom used to make these for my sister and I through the years of growing up. In summer, she used lightweight fabrics to keep us cool at night. We loved all the pretty designs of the fabrics and cherished the warmth of the flannels she used in wintertime.

(I found this pattern and several others at an Ohio antique mall and will share more of my finds soon. Love these old patterns, don't you!)

1 comment:

  1. Comments:

    Rebecca said...
    I have this very pattern. About 20 years ago my sister and I would frequent a local thrift store...long before the vintage rage for such things took over. We'd pick up different old patterns each week for 25 cents. Those same patterns are in Antique Shoppes and Malls for much more today.
    I haven't sewn a nightgown in years....seeing this sweet pattern again makes me want to pull my own from their hiding place...
    Thanks for sharing!
    xoRebecca
    June 8, 2009 6:36 AM

    Robin said...
    I love these vintage pattern covers...such sweet nightgowns! Thanks for sharing!!
    June 8, 2009 8:01 AM

    Christine said...
    These patterns remind me of Christmas Eve. We always got to open one present on Christmas Eve before we went to bed and every year it would be pjs made my by mother. You would think that we would have caught on but were surprised every year by our warm new nightgown!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    June 8, 2009 12:13 PM

    ReplyDelete