Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sheltie Bonnie Celebrates a Birthday!

This is a picture of a family friend, Staci, and me, Bonnie Lass, the sheltie my mom and dad rescued nine years ago. My mom was just looking for pictures of me and she doesn't have very many...and you know why? It's because I do not like cameras! They make weird sounds and click and flash lights in my face and I do not like them! I also do not like cell phones...same problem.

But anyway, here's a picture of me that's a few years old. I still look pretty much the same, just a little older and a little wiser but not any quieter. That's for sure! I love to bark and I do it as often as possible! I bark at clicks, flashes, shadows, my mother walking across the room, DVD discs, telephones, the mailman, a knock at the door, the timer on the oven (my mom actually likes this one because I help her out by reminding her it's time to take the food out before it burns)!

Yesterday was my birthday! And one thing I do love is riding in the car. So my mom and dad took me and my sister Carrie-dog antique shopping in Ohio! We bought lots of stuff, had treats, and then came home tired and happy! We had a great time! (Two days ago I was only 10 years old. Now I'm 11! How's that for exciting!)

17 comments:

  1. Whoohoo hon Happy woofy birthday to you!! Mine is today Libra pup!! Whoo hoo sending virtual doggy bones your way. Lucy Lu is howling you happy birthday too!
    Hi Hon(mama) how are things with you? I have been so busy..not sure which end is up most days!!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful Bonnie, Happy Birthday!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy "arfie" Birthday!!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday...I am so glad you had a happy Birthday, Bonnie Lass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie Happy Birthday! Teddy sends High paws to you. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. You are a beautiful and well-loved girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a fun time Bonnie. What a great outing! Happy Birthday and tell your mom hi for me!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think he's found a loving home :-). I hope he had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Birthday,Bonnie! You're a pretty doggy-girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Bonnie! We used to have a dog that loved to bark, too. She barked at everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love shelties and I love Bonnie! She is a keeper for sure! Happy Birthday and many more to come!!! I have a heart for rescued animals as well. Happy Fall Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had the best birthday, Bonnie! You are such a pretty girl. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! what a lovely photo. I have two dogs,the second to arrive at home is "Trufa", she was recued seven years ago, she was on the street walking under the rain, she's a lovely pet.And the girl in the photo is so beautiful, she looks like my daugther Laura. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, Bonnie, and many more! You are one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated Birthday, Bonnie! Our Bonnie has an October birthday too! Our Mom loves antiques. She was quite the collector for a while, but we've had to move twice and she's learning to cut back now. Our Bonnie doesn't like the car at all, she gets nervous. You and Chloe, our Eskie, would get along famously, she likes to bark at noises. Mom thought she would go hoarse the other night on the full moon. All of the dogs in the neighborhood seem to bark more at the full moon. You sure are a pretty girl! Thanks for stopping by today. Our Mom felt close to her own mother after seeing roses and floral patterns in your pictures. Brings back loving memories for her. Woof- The Gang @ Dog Blog for Five Dogs

    ReplyDelete