Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hollywood Hunks and Glamorous Gals!

Ever see something you just had to have and you didn't really know why? Well, here's the item that caught my attention and I couldn't let it go. Jim and I were stopping in at our local thrift shop and there she was! Smiling out at me from this beautiful purse. 
"Marilyn! Marilyn!" I said. "I guess you're coming home with me." And so she did. And so I've been enjoying this "blast from the past" more than I could have imagined. Maybe I'm thinking back to all those great movies from the 50's that I enjoyed with my girlfriends. Yes, I'm sure that's it!

Wish I had a dime for every Photoplay magazine I drooled over as a teenager. Actually, I wish I'd saved some of them. All those hunky movie men and their glamorous women from Hollywood! The stars! The excitement! The fabulous films in living color! They really were the best! And I think my Marilyn purse is a tribute to them all! 

5 comments:

  1. She's fun - I'm glad you didn't resist!

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I'm so glad we met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful purse. I can see why you had to have it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that feeling and know it well! Your Marilyn purse is so fun ~ what a great way to bring back such warm, wonderful memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! Isn't it amazing what can bring a back a flood of memories?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I have! Today while junkin', I came upon this painting of a mama pig with her teets a hangin'. I just had to have it - I kept thinking...what am I going to do with this. I just fell in love with it. It needs a new frame and then will take its place in the foyer - Call me crazy, but I love it!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete