Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Bobbsey Twins at the Seashore and More!

Here are some of the fabulous finds I was able to bring back home with me after our wedding anniversary outing to one of our favorite antique malls. I'd been looking long and hard for a copy of The Bobbsey Twins at the Seashore and finally found one complete with dust jacket! The Motor Girls on Cedar Lake seemed to fit perfectly into my seaside book collection, again complete with dust cover! And, then there were two feedsacks I just could not resist. Can you find them in the basket?
A darling little cloth doll and her scotties were the next treasures discovered! Really just too darn cute!
Add to those fantastic finds, two vintage greeting card boxes and you have one happy camper!
A 1946 Whitman Publishing Company puzzle was next! Don't you just love this!
I always look for vintage gift wrap but hardly ever find but a piece here and there but on this day I found a whole lot of gorgeously decorated gift wrap complete in the original box!
Here are a few of the designs...kittens, cottage doors, red roses...
...and here are a few more, baby, wedding, birthday along with tiny gift cards. Woo-hoo! What a find!!!
We've talked about Louisa May Alcott's Little Women recently but on this day I also found a volume of Little Men with it's 1950's colorful cover and stories yet to be read!
Another copy of The Bobbsey Twins at the Seashore (I know, I know, I'd already found one, but I just couldn't pass this up.) I don't know if two are better than one, but I love them both!
A vintage Tampa, Florida resort beach postcard was the final item in this group of fun finds. Love those vintage colors!
We had a great time on our anniversary outing. The shelties loved coming with us and picnicking along the way. Treats for everyone! A truly wonderful time!

9 comments:

  1. Coralie, what a wonderful "haul" you brought back. Your anniversary trip sounds perfect. The Bobbsey Twins book would be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What absolute treasures! I love everything, but what I am drooling over the most is that precious box of vintage wrapping paper! What a rare find that was. The chances of it surviving this long in such good condition is amazing to me. I'm so glad it is now in your gently care. Have a wonderful day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Coralie,
    What great finds.... You do luck in finding such treasures.. Sounds like your "special day" was most enjoyable...
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it sounds like a fabulous time - I love the Bobbsey Twins!! And that wrapping paper is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did find a lot of neat stuff. I remember that dog and cat paper. I don't know from where but I have seen it before. Do you remember the Adventure series books by Enid Blythe? They were a favorite of mine when I was a child. And of course the Anne of Green Gables series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so may wonderful finds. Thanks to you, I now look through all the books in antique and thirft stores. When I was in Utah last month, I was checking out and the antique mall and a dealer that I'd been talking too about an hour earlier asked if I'd come back to get something. No, I've been here all this time. I have to look at every little thing!!!

    I still haven't sent that bookmark. I'm sorry. I have a bunch of stuff to mail out and I'll get to it this week. Promise!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to LOVE reading The Bobbsey Twins and Nancy Drew. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's my idea of a great way to spend your anniversary. I'm so glad your husband's returned to health. I *love* that gift wrap and the books you found! That donkey card box is just precious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow-I forgot all about the Bobbey Twins.

    ReplyDelete