Sunday, July 19, 2009

Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound!



Outside my window sings the sweetest little wren you've ever encountered. His song can be heard throughout our home throughout the day and I love to know he's near.

Interestingly, he used to live at our house but moved next door after I explained to the young mom and her children that what they were hearing each day (in my yard) was a wren. They went right out and bought a bigger better wren home and he moved in with them. I was a bit sad that he left the home we'd provided but then I realized he was coming back every single day to visit in the lilac bushes outside my window. Nature is full of wonders!

Well, I'd been thinking about blogging about my little wren when, yesterday, what should I find at a garage sale but this beautiful little figurine. I almost didn't buy it but picked it up only to discover that it was a music "box"...the theme "Amazing Grace"! Now you know what I was thinking, don't you? That old saying which I thoroughly believe to be true: There are no coincidences, only God working anonymously. He was at it again, don't you think!

2 comments:

  1. Janine said...
    Dear Cora Lee, you are more than welcome at my blog. Thanks for stopping.
    You are obviously busy as a bee, running two gorgeous blogs.
    I will follpw this one, for I love, love, love the photos of the ols scrapbooks.
    W-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l
    July 19, 2009 9:08 AM

    Gingeyginge said...
    What a lovely find.....we have a small robin in our garden, I used to think you only saw them come winter but he was here just last week...
    July 19, 2009 9:20 AM

    jordiegirl said...
    Hi Coralie

    If you check into my blog you will find I have given you an award.

    We have lots of different birds an animals come into our garden. Grey squirrels, Jays, Magpies, Thrushes, Robins (all year round), Sparrows, Collared Doves, Pigeons, Blackbirds, Thrushes - the list is endless.

    It is so much fun watching the squirrels chasing each other along the garden fence, jumping onto our shed and then into the trees on the old railway embankment behind our house. They swing from branch to branch and tree to tree - they are so clever.

    At the moment we seem to have lots of birds keep flying into our windows - I wish they wouldn't do that because it gives us such a fright and they hurt themselves too - sometimes poor little things they don't survive the impact, which is really sad!
    July 19, 2009 10:06 AM

    Keats The Sunshine Girl said...
    A lovely find indeed, with music too. It's amazing. Enjoy it and the sweet wren that pops in to say 'hello'!
    July 19, 2009 5:30 PM

    Christine said...
    What a beautiful music box. My Mother has miscellaneous birds setting up house in her yard every year. One year a bird built a nest in her climbing rose in front of her kitchen window. She was able to see when she had laid her eggs and watch the little ones grow up and leave the nest. How wonderful!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine
    July 20, 2009 12:55 AM

    Summer Gypsy said...
    A sweet birdie! I love your wren story. The quote about coincidences is now in my journal. I have often heard "There are no coincidences." "God working anonymously" makes it more poignant.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Marilyn
    July 22, 2009 2:19 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the beautiful sounds of birds..
    All new developments in our area sees all the trees cut down and never replaced...so the little birds don't come back...
    I must look out for a birdie music box like yours...lovely find!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete