Thursday, July 16, 2009

Three of a Kind!

I just love these old stereoptic slides! Surely the photographers loved putting them together. 

The colors are always so beautiful; note the pastel dresses as they graduate from one girl to another from light to dark and POP against the lovely countryside! 

And the subjects are just as sweet as sweet can be! Almost every little girl wants to either have a horse or ride one! This photographer captures the heart of girlhood as it once was...and probably hasn't changed that much through the years!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture. Reminds me of my two sisters and me. My Mom was always taking our picture together oldest to youngest like little stair steps. Thank you so very much for the memory. Have a great day..Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photo.....Myself and two of my sister's used to sit on my uncle's horse many year's ago similar to this , if only those times lasted for ever....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and interesting photo. Back in my day it was common to have your photo taken on a donkey or a horse. Yep...I'm that old!

    xoxo
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe they all fit on one horse LOL. Cute photo!

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun picture!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...thanks for sharing...I love these images..I kinda feel sorry for the horse but the girls do look like they are enjoying themselves! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete