Friday, July 10, 2009

It Was Like Opening Pandora's Box!

It was like opening Pandora's Box but in a good way! I hadn't visited the interior of my vintage cedar chest for some time. It had been languishing in an upstairs corner—out of sight and out of mind—until yesterday when I suddenly had a notion to take a look inside. (Was it calling me?)

One look inside and I was lost! Having unearthed the remains of many years of memories held together in books of love created long ago, I spent the entire day going through cards, clippings, and pictures of my life and the lives of my parents (long gone now) and my siblings as we grew up together in the family home. We've all gone our separate ways now as happens with life, but there was a time when even the smallest thing that happened to one of us, affected all of us deeply.

It was quite an amazing journey, traveling through the events of our lives from birth through teens. I have to tell you that, as the memories flowed, the joyful remembrance of those wonderful days spent together brought along with it a few tears of nostalgia.

Here are a few pictures of the scrapbooks I made along with my mother who taught us all the joys of keeping memories alive and cherished.




1 comment:

  1. Comments:

    jordiegirl said...
    Oooh, Coralie, your scrapbooks are fantastic.
    Such memories for you. Great to hear you enjoyed your trip down memory lane.
    I love looking at old family photos too.
    July 10, 2009 9:35 AM

    Doreen said...
    It is nice to go back in time and refresh good memories. Most of my parents albums were separated and divided up among my siblings. I received my pictures but there was not many "family" pictures.
    July 10, 2009 12:19 PM

    Christine said...
    What a wonderful box of memories. I'm hoping I have something like that in the boxes that I moved out of my now craft room. I hope to have that all done by September.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    July 10, 2009 12:30 PM

    Summer Gypsy said...
    Coralie, I love the scrapbooks! I love it all! Is that your pic in the swimsuit?? What memories!!
    :)Marilyn
    July 10, 2009 4:36 PM

    Coralie Cederna Johnson said...
    Thank you all for the great comments! (And, yes, that's my pic in the swimsuit, Marilyn. How time flies!)
    July 11, 2009 4:29 AM

    ReplyDelete