Thursday, July 16, 2009

Love Dogs!


I have loved dogs all my life! This little pup was named "Snowy" by me because his fur was white as snow. He came to us as many of our dogs did in my growing up years...as a stray. Every so often, a little dog would show up in our neighborhood, no collar, no tags, just soft warm fur to pet and love.

Then, I'd work on my parents. First Mom. "Can I keep him? Please! Please!"

"Ask your dad."

Then Dad. "Can I keep him? Please! Please!"

"Who's going to feed him? Clean up after him?"

"I will. I'll do it all!"

Once in a while—not always—but once in a while, Mom and Dad would talk it over and say, "Yes!"

As you can see from the photo, Snowy was a fabulous "Yes!" and, oh, how I loved him!


(In these tough times, the heartbreak is that many pets are being left behind by families who can no longer afford to care for them. Please click here to see all the wonderful pets who need homes. Can you give a pet a home?)

1 comment:

  1. Comments:

    Annie said...
    How precious: both of you.
    When I was six, a fluffy, white (dingy)stray, whom we also named Snowy, found his way to our house. I got to keep him after giving him his first bath.
    July 16, 2009 5:03 AM

    Rebecca said...
    I'm not a cat lover (don't hate them, just never had one as an adult) but two years ago a tiny black kitty made her way into our backyard. I couldn't handle the constant cries of hunger so I fed her. That was it...she was ours.
    This is a precious Post, Coralie. I love the picture of you and your doggie. Don't you wish our pets could live longer?
    Thanks for sharing!
    Love, Rebecca
    July 16, 2009 6:27 AM

    Candie said...
    What a great picture! You were such a pretty little girl...and I also love dogs :) I do a lot of fostering and for extra money I dog sit....it is nice to get paid for having fun haha
    July 16, 2009 10:01 PM

    Christine said...
    Those are the dogs that are sent especially for you from God! I've known people whose dogs found them and they are the most wonderful pets! My bro-in-law has a chow mix, Bear, and their personalities are exactly alike!!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    July 17, 2009 2:21 AM

    mannequin said...
    hmm... you got the stray dogs and I've always been blessed with stray cats.

    I never thought about that, how insensitive of me. As much as I love animals and as aware as I am of the economy, I never put two and two together. Some people are so affected by the economy that they must give up their beloved pets. How horrible for the animals and the owners as well, I imagine.
    Thank you for making me stop and think Coralie.
    July 18, 2009 6:19 PM

    angelandspot said...
    How cute! I'm glad you got to keep"Snowy." Every single one of my cats has shown up as a stray. I've been lucky so far and not had strays dumped here but I know several other people in the country that are getting tons of kittens and puppies dumped at their places. I've even heard of chickens and horses being dumped at some places. It is really sad. :(
    July 27, 2009 11:39 AM

    ReplyDelete