Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Miniature Gift: Birds of Ontario!


I was so surprised and thrilled to receive this sweet gift yesterday from my friend Doreen! Thank you so much, dear friend!

Doreen is a miniaturist whose work with tiny pieces is absolutely amazing (you must take a look at her blog) and she has shared a few of her creations with me! These tiny books and potato chips are so small they are hard to see in the larger picture but in the close-up I added two of my tiny collie figurines to give a bit of perspective on size and it's easier to tell just how small the beautiful books actually are!

And not only is the book Birds of Ontario in miniature it also has several actual pages from the original book. I could hardly believe this when I opened it up to see the inside pages. (I'm afraid my photos do not do this justice but take my word for it, this is awesome!)Doreen lives on a beautiful river in Wasaga Beach, ONTARIO where she views these beautiful birds right in her back yard every day. What a great job, Doreen! Brilliant!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this and introducing Doreen. I love these, and I'm going to check out her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Coralie. I am honoured to be featured on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coralie ~ What a lovely sweet gift from Doreen. You, I know, will treasure these. Hugs, TTFN~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aren't you precious?! You deserve the gift of friendship and such treasures because you are a beautiful soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, how much fun is that? It's always a pleasure to see someone's passion! What a sweetie to send that nice note and surprise gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing miniatures, what a lovely gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I can't believe how tiny they are. I'm speechless.

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your site is one of the most manageable and easy reads around.....I think it really looks great.
    Ontario Cottage Rentals

    ReplyDelete