Friday, January 2, 2009

1955 Designer Dress Pattern!

A trip to Maumee, Ohio yesterday was just the thing for a great start to 2009! As always, I found a few treasures I just had to take home. One of the most interesting finds was a stack of old patterns from the 1940's, 50's, & 60's. Here's a 1955 Designer Dress Pattern by McCall's. This lovely stay-at-home or go-somewhere-special dress pattern includes a fancy bolero jacket that completes this popular outfit of the times. (Note the pearls, purse, and gloves!)

Sometimes I wish these styles would become all the rage once again. Other times, I'd rather just wear my jeans. How about you? (Comments welcome!)

1 comment:

  1. GeorgiaPeachez said...
    Hi Coralie, I'm really enjoying exploring your blog tonight. I know just what you mean, I love these vintage dresses and wouldn't it be fun to dress like June Cleaver sometimes! xo, suzy
    February 4, 2009 3:50 PM

    ReplyDelete