Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sun-swept Beauty At My Cottage Window

The southern exposure of this room lends itself to sunny days and cheerful thoughts. I hung a vintage panel of barkcloth on this window to match the panel behind the bed, (shown in Tuesday's post). I love how the sun sweeps through the blinds and then also through this beautiful old textile to create a aura of vintage times and cottage dreaming.

The hanging bird is a copper piece I received as a gift from my younger sister, Connie. The ribbon with which I tied the drapery piece is one that once trimmed a precious gift from my older sister, Corinne. Treasured gifts of birds and ribbons always find special places in my cottage home and heart.

3 comments:

  1. Coralie -- I love your barkcloth cutain -- the pattern is just gorgeous and it goes so perfectly with all your cute cottage decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These beautiful barkcloth pieces are getting harder to find but they are worth the "hunt"! Thanks so much for your comment, Martha! So happy you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, Coralie! I love barkcloth, but I haven't found any in years. I missed this winter post in January, but I am enjoying it on this beautiful Autumn day. Your charming blog is timeless!! Thanks for sharing.

    :)Marilyn

    ReplyDelete