Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Up Against a Brick Wall!


A brick wall, or in this case a fireplace, is perfect for showing off your cottage collectibles. Seems like almost anything looks interesting, unique, and charming with a brick background. I especially like the bright colors on this antique pillow against the red bricks.

The kittens in a basket hand-hooked pillow is one of my all-time favorite finds. I've had it around for a long time and enjoy it every single day. I almost didn't buy it because it has a missing strand of yarn on the basket but I'm so glad I did! Buying something imperfect and then enjoying it so much afterward has made me realize that sometimes the nicks and chips of life are not so much detracting but rather enhancing in a cottage collectible. (Maybe it's the same with people! What do you think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment