Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vintage 50's Girls' Dress Pattern!

Here's another of my collectible pattern finds from the vintage pattern lot. This adorable size 10 girls' dress pattern is from the 1950's. This Simplicity Pattern sold for 40 cents!This particular pattern brings back some very cool and endearing memories of my mother at her sewing machine making dresses for my sisters and me.

Often, my mother would make her own patterns from newspaper which she would lay on the floor, estimate my size, then pin the pattern pieces to me (well, to my clothing) to see if they were correct. Then she'd trim, cut and sew!

Here's one of my favorite newspaper dresses from those sewing sessions. That's me on my fifth birthday in my new pretty pink dress, compliments of Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment