Monday, January 19, 2009

Cottage Finds: Hand-painted & Hand-stitched Treasures!

Don't you just love this blue hand-painted piece against the antique rose dishes? I found the little floral plaque at our local thrift store for $2. Though I love creating a variety of crafting projects, I also always enjoy the work of others, especially anything hand-painted or hand-stitched! And I never pass up a bargain!

The sweet cottage blue and white vintage cloth was another recent find. The flowers are beautifully embroidered with the edges carefully crocheted. For $4, how could I resist it? I couldn't, of course! I'm always on the hunt for cottage treasures such as these. That's at least half the fun!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Coralie...I love vintage, and victorian...
    That's a great buy, I never find nice things like that here...
    enjoy!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coralie! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog for a visit. Nice to *meet* you!

    You and I share the same passion....old linens and old dishes. Nothing is sweeter than the old things of days gone by. My knees buckle when I find lovely old stitched linens. I love your vignette of treasures. It does all go together beautifully.

    Have a sweet day,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete