Friday, January 16, 2009

Pretty Hand-painted Paper Parasol

We're having a heat wave here today. We're all the way up to minus 8 from minus 15 earlier today. Baby, it's COLD outside! But inside, I'm thinking of springtime flowers, leaves, and butterflies. This beautiful hand-painted paper parasol always makes the day a little brighter and, if I try really hard, WARMER!

This lovely piece was found in a tiny treasure-filled shop in South Haven, MI last spring. Jim and I love to take a day and drive over to this beautiful harbor town on Lake Michigan. We watch the boats, shop the unique antique shops, load up on scrumptious baked goods from the local bakery (yum!) and spend several hours in our favorite second-hand bookstore, The Hidden Room. It's just a three-hour drive for us so we leave early in the morning and return home in the early evening after stopping for a nice dinner somewhere along the way back.

I feel warmer just thinking about it!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. I love the colors in the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon! Yes! Aren't those colors gorgeous! My photo is pretty good but the colors are even more brilliant in person. Cheerful! Thanks for your comment. I love comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The parasol is so charming! It reminds me of the oriental paper fans that I used to collect. Your road trip sounds wonderful.
    :)Marilyn

    ReplyDelete