Friday, January 23, 2009

Reflection on a Cottage Morning

It was such a beautiful sun-swept day, I was puttering about in the barkcloth bedroom when suddenly this sweet sunny image appeared to me with its reflection on the wall. 

How beautiful, I thought! I wondered if I could capture the moment? The sun's rays would change in a minute. I'd have to hurry!

As I gathered up my camera, I found I, too, was reflecting. Thinking. Wondering. How many times had I passed by this reflection not noticing it at all. How many times had I missed the view here and elsewhere while hurriedly rushing about?

I, right then and there, renewed a promised I'd made to myself long ago! I would notice and enjoy the simple treasures all around me! I would take the time to see and cherish the charms of ordinary days! I would look for reflections wherever they may be and hold them dear!


5 comments:

  1. We all need to slow down and enjoy the moment. They only come once. Seems like everyone is in such a hurry these days.Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you there! Open the gift the present! Oh, yes... I long for the simpler life when we could really taste the homemade ice cream, enjoy the scenery on Sunday afternoon drives, and leave the doors unlocked!! Here's to that place in time. Let me remember that today will someday be another place in time. I must take note of its beauty before tomorrow comes!
    Reminiscing,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coralie you have been tagged. This is a wonderful way for bloggers to get to know each other and pass the word around about our blogs. If you'd like to participate, list 7 things about yourself, weird or wonderful, serious or whimsical...and then tag 7 other bloggers, let them know you've included them, and post their blogs on your blog.Also link back to the person who tagged you.
    How's that sound? Like fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your window treatment & fabric! Enjoyed my visit! ~Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delightful!

    Thank you for sharing. I'm going to go smile at my roses now :)

    ~Haloquin

    ReplyDelete